Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Doll Triage

Someone has to give this neglected group of toys a voice.



Take poor Lucy, for instance. She is a Madame Alexander doll. Now a "Sad An Even Sadder" Doll.


She actually looks better. If I had a Magic Eraser she would look close to stunning. I said close.




Madame Alexander would be truly dismayed if she could see the dreadful haircut her doll just had. I wish I would have taken a before picture. It was a curious mix between dreadlocks and corn rows.


Isabelle requested this hairdo. (I say that becaue I would not have chosen it.)


Take poor Becky. She has come a long way since I took her in to my care.


This was the best I could do.


This next gal was from Joanns, and she is now doing well, I'm happy to report.




She's been through extensive therapy. I know this hairdo isn't the best for her, but....



compared to these girls, she's looking OK.

Someone wants to sell these unrecognizable Amercan Girl dolls for $650!!!! Ha! What a joke!Josefina on the far right has had QUITE the haircut. That's Samantha in the middle, and Kit on the left,and the other 2 are Just Like Me dolls- just in case you couldn't tell.... This is sad. I even thought about rescuing them. Yup, for 3 whole seconds the thought filled my mind.


Ya know, they remind me of that story in Little House on the Prairie, when the tornado came through and sucked the neighbor boy up in it and then dropped him out naked.
Sorry, it just does.


But my story doesn't explain poor Josefinas' hair. Hers would somehow have to include a blind man with a butcher knife, I think.


Anyways.


I love dolls.


I love babies.


And after having given birth 4 times to astronomically huge babies of my own....
I love dolls even more. :)

The end.


Love,

Rachael
The Doll Loving Seamstress




Note:This post is meant to be taken with a grain of salt, and yes, I love my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment