Monday, February 22, 2010

A Messy Breakfast Adventure

Sunday night I made 7 tasty little pumpkin custards and put them in the refrigerator for breakfast the next morning. I was so proud of myself for being frugal and resourceful, since the cupboards were nearly bare- except for pumpkin and rice milk of course! Yes, they are dairy free, and yet quite good.


Here's the recipe (in case you ever happen to have non-dairy milk around) *roll eyes* :)

1 can pumpkin

3 eggs

2/3 C honey

1 tsp vanilla

1/2 tsp salt

1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice

enough rice or almond milk to make it look right.

Bake at 325 for 1 hour in a pan with 1 inch of water. Turn off the oven and leave in for another hour to set.



I can hear the sighs of frustration from all the type A's right now.



"What on earth does THAT mean?!"

Well, simply put, if I put down an amount, you might blindly follow it and ruin your custard. You would wonder why it is so soupy and thin. So there. (Smile! Love you!)



Isabelle thought it was wonderful and ate three bowls.


Ammon, I discovered, loved it as well, and ate one himself!










How is this possible that I allowed my baby to walk around eating and not notice?! you ask.


Well, (gulp)I was on Facebook.



(It was only 10 minutes, I promise. )










I read VERY fast.

And he was so cute.





He even wanted to share!









Two of our children turned up their noses and ate Isagenix shake and almond butter for breakfast, which was fine, I suppose, because it was nutritious and non- messy. ( and I didn't have to make it! Hehe!)



And then I put him in the high chair to eat his muffin.





















I do have my scruples.





Ok, it was about 2/3 cup of milk. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment